Local First Intern
Status: 13 weeks; temporary; part-time
Reports to: Board of Directors
Schedule: flexible, 10 hours per week, between 8am and 4pm
Benefits: Bus pass or mileage reimbursement allowance up to $150.00 for 13 weeks.
RESPONSIBILITIES - The Local First Intern is responsible for the quarterly supporter outreach campaign, a quarterly public event and maintaining the Buffalo First Local business directory.
Buffalo First will provide a desk at 780 Fillmore Ave. Buffalo, NY 14212 during regular business hours from which to work. Other locations are acceptable if Intern uses own computer for web based applications. TASK INCLUDE but are not limited to:
- Supporter request mailings in targeted area as determined by the board.
- Supporter request e-mail campaigns in targeted area as determined by the board.
- Organizing a public mixer or event to promote Buffalo First’s “Think Local First” program in targeted area as determined by the board.
- Maintaining “Think Local First” content on the Buffalo First website
- Working with other non-profit partners on the “Think Local First” program
- Maintaining the DonorPerfect database.
- Site visits to locally owned businesses to help them fill out their Buffalo First directory listings.
- Maintaining Buffalo First member directory listings.